Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hereafter? HereNOW? Both?

“You mean you don’t believe in General Resurrection?  My friend john was incredulous.  He’s known me since college, admired me as his counselor . . . and considered me a “good Catholic.”  That was a week ago.  This morning I will sit with the men in my Tuesday morning fellowship, and we will look together at the coming Sunday’s Gospel.  And wouldn’t you know, it’s about just that subject. 

Take a look at the readings for the day:  .  Old Testament characters accept death courageously, assuming that they will live beyond death.  Jesus takes a trick question.  And perhaps we are invited to consider something that we sweep under our prayer rug.   I know I am.  I hope you check out my daily reflections on this as they unfold this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are helpful, and will be used to improve this blog.